Resource Capital Funds is a mining-focused private equity firm that works closely with its portfolio companies to build strong, successful and sustainable businesses that produce superior returns to all shareholders.
- Founded in 1998, Resource Capital Funds ("RCF" or the "Funds") are private equity funds with mandates to make investments exclusively in the mining sector across a diversified range of hard mineral commodities and geographic regions.
- The Funds employ a range of investment styles and have significant discretion to structure transactions to reflect the risks and opportunities associated with each individual investment.
- All investment decisions are based upon a fundamental understanding of the technical parameters of the underlying mining projects.
- RCF is currently investing its sixth fund, Resource Capital Fund VI L.P., with committed capital of $2.04 billion and currently manages approximately US$1.4 billion of assets (as of 3/31/13) through its three other active private equity funds, Resource Capital Fund V L.P., Resource Capital Fund IV L.P. and Resource Capital Fund III L.P. The Fund's committed capital is sourced primarily from US-based institutional investors.
- Since inception, Resource Capital Funds have supported 113 mining companies (and several mining-services companies) involving projects located in 39 countries and relating to 28 commodities.
- The Funds are managed by RCF Management L.L.C. which has its principal office in Denver and additional offices in Perth, New York (Long Island) and Toronto.
- RCF pioneered the concept of mining-focused private equity funds and has succeeded in delivering industry leading returns to its investors, portfolio companies and fellow equity investors.